Flowing through the high desert of Eastern Oregon.
From its origins in the snowcapped mountains of northern Nevada, the Owyhee River flows north, cutting across the southeastern corner of Oregon before joining the Snake River on the Idaho border.
Our journey begins amidst the lush farmlands of Oregon’s Rome Basin…an ancient lakebed. The open farmland soon gives way and the Owyhee descends into a kaleidoscope of unique geological formations and deep canyons.
Spring is the time for the Owyhee, as the snow melts in the distant mountains bringing the rapids to life and the canyonlands into full bloom. We’ll have time to search for petroglpyhs, explore caves and side canyons, and enjoy a soak in one of the natural hot springs.
If you desire a true wilderness vacation, the canyons, rapids, and wildlife of the Owyhee are not to be missed. We offer custom raft or drift boat trips for groups of 6 or more.
OWYHEE GEAR LIST
Suggested Personal Equipment Owyhee River
- Water Repellent Duffel Bag
- Warm Coat & Sun Hat
- Personal Toilet Articles & Towel
- Light Hiking Boots, Sandals, or Tennis Shoes
- Light Sleeping Bag (Sleeping Pad & Cot Furnished)
- A small pillow
- Rain Suit (2 Piece Mandatory)
- Two Changes of Light Clothing
- Swim Suit and Shorts
- Small Flashlight
- Dark Glasses and Sunscreen
- Camera (Check Batteries)
- Binoculars Optional
- Water Bottle
- Social Beverages and Mix
- Insect Repellent
- Total Weight not to exceed 30 Lbs per person
- Pack a small waterproof day pack for your boat. Each boat carries water and cold drinks
- Fishing Tackle Furnished
- Folding Chairs and eating tables
- Deluxe tents, cots, and sleeping pads are furnished
DO NOT BRING
- Waders, hip boots, firearms, electronics, fireworks, or expensive jewelry
Gratuities average 15%.
Thanks so much for a most enjoyable trip yesterday. Your professionalism and efforts were much appreciated! I am sure we will be with you again.
A Fabulous Trip
Many thanks for a fabulous trip down the Middle Fork of the Salmon. You are the best - everything was perfectly run and coordinated. Food, fishing, guiding, accommodations - everything was spectacular! I hope we will have a chance to...MORE »